eu·re·ka
exclamation
a cry of joy or satisfaction when one finds or discovers something.
First off, WHY? California seems intent on discovering gold with motto. So heres some motto gold: California: The Where's The Findings State. Or, the WTF State for short. Also, BORAGE. Eureka! Borage is a plant! This explains the example, because I would definitely shout Eureka after I discovered that the person who made the crossword on today's newspaper is a complete asshole.
a cry of joy or satisfaction when one finds or discovers something.
| synonyms: | bingo, I've got it, that's it
"Eureka! The word 'borage' completes the crossword puzzle!"
|
But back to the subject at hand, state motto's. I'll save the blog about borage for later.
Kansas. As Big As You Think. This is amazing on so many levels. How big do you think Kansas is? This is NOT including Oz, if you were wondering. Maybe 10,000 or 20,000 square miles? 82,277 mi². But most of the time I think ZIP about Kansas, so by this logic, it should be wiped off the map. This is one of the most honest of the state mottos. Now, OKLAHOMA. I'm going to regret this.
Oklahoma. Native America. Not to be confused with Native 'Murica, which is Texas. So according to a website made in 1999, which explains the terrible formatting and font choice, Oklahoma has the second most Native Americans and Native Alaskans, because someone decided to include them. Who has the most? California, but they are too proud of the small amounts of people who found gold. So Oklahoma has NOTHING ELSE to brag about. I don't blame them, I've been there and it's not fantastic. It's Simply OK.
Texas. Not actually Native 'Murica. That's too bad. The Lone Star State. Wow. There's not really much to say about this one.
South Carolina: Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places
South Dakota: Great Faces, Great Places
Yeah. It's just the south. If you didn't know, southerners are very proud of their faces and places.

It is certainly different to read blogs of yours that legitimately cuss, although it does make it more entertaining. I like how you change topics smoothly and break up text funny remarks. Nice after SOL challenge slice!
ReplyDelete