"Make America Great Britain" - Donald 'Not-A-Russian-Spy' Trump

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

RMQM

So Lily says I'm supposed to write all about the RMQM... WHICH SURPRISINGLY, WASN'T THAT BAD!!!  I know, right?  Usually I criticize museum exhibits, not say I enjoy them!  Come to think of it, I usually criticize EVERYTHING.  Oh well....

So what was cool about them?  For one, most of them weren't really quilts... They were pieces of art, not exactly what you would think when you think the word "Quilt".  For example, one was an epic nighttime scene depicting some elkalopes.  Those are a thing now, by the way.  THEY WERE LITERALLY SO COOL.  BECAUSE PAINTING A SCENE IS COOL AND STUFF, BUT THESE WERE MADE OUT OF FABRIC.  Let me give you a moment to take that in.

F A B R I C
A               I
B               R
R               B
I                A
C I R B A F

I feel I have given you sufficient time...

So that was pretty cool.  The museum was also very laid back and the exhibit was small, so I didn't spend hours looking at quilts (Because if I did, I would have a very different take on the museum.

Another thing:  They had actual human tour guides.  Like ones that aren't robots.  SO GREAT!  NO ANNOYING WALKY TALKY LIKE ART MUSEUM THINGS!  Everyone hates those things...  And these actual humans had a sense of humor!  During the entire exhibit, we had a running joke that quilters went insane.  It started when the person was explaining some quilt (I forget which one) and my mom asked if they went insane.  Later, there was a pink quilt made of "yoyo's" and the tour guide explained that some teenagers made the yoyo's while being read the dictionary.  My mom couldn't help herself and said "Now they went insane."  So I laughed, my mom laughed, the tour guide laughed, and the microwave laughed.  The joke escalated from there as you might imagine.  It was all fun.

In other news, I'm learning how to sew to help prepare me for DSA costume making/my matrix!  Yay?

The order is getting sort of jumbled, so I edited spaghettis today: 

No comments:

Post a Comment