"Make America Great Britain" - Donald 'Not-A-Russian-Spy' Trump

Monday, March 14, 2016

Pi Day (And other useless celebrations)

There are lots of random days in the year, and whether they are based off numbers (3.14)  Or movies (May the fourth be with you), they still aren't really celebrating anything.  Tomorrow, I can ceremonially stab a caesar salad twenty-something times because some dead dude died (It's The anniversary of Caesars Death) and since its the FIRST THREE DIGITS OF PI people can eat up.  So lets say I gave a fancy name to how 4.2x / 2x is always equal to 2.1 (Let's call it Guuurm)  Then does that make Febuary.. No thats wrong.. Febyouary? No, So does that make February First Guuurm day?  Cool!  Remember kids, next year wish your friends and family a happy Guuurm Day, thats right a happy Guuurm day 'cause thats the type of sh*t that matters.
Remember, Censored ^
So now it's time to question humanities sense of celebration and explain why they love Pi Day (Other than the obvious WE GET PIE reason).  Why do we gravitate to celebrate?  Remember, it's not just for fun, as then we would ACTUALLY CELEBRATE Guuurm day... And I don't know anyone else that does.  So think about it.....


OK, I have the answer, based on my opinions... Coincidence?  I THINK NOT!  And thats precisely what the answer is.  Not opinions, all though thats part of it,
                                      COINCIDENCE!
It's why some people love the Illuminati:  They have opinions that memes are amazing *cough* that there's something above the government, and theres a random assortment of coincidences pointing to the Illuminati.  YOU CAN DO THIS WITH ANYTHING!  I COULD PROVE TRUMP IS PART OF ISIL/ISIS/IS!  I FEEL LIKE I ALREADY HAVE!  And Since Trump has five letters, and ISIL+ISIS+IS has Ten, then that make May Tenth ISIL/Trump day!  It's the same with people who love Pi both numerical and edible, and they turn to the coincidence that March 14 is the first three digits.  Again, it's not that different from TrumIS day.  Now when lots of people agree that Pi is March Fourteenth, then others recognize that's what it is, and add importance to it.  Cause Democracy.  Heck, if there were enough people reciting 2.1 a month into the year then Guuurm Day™ would be a thing!  And when some day gets overly celebrated, people find new things to do on the day, expanding it more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more until... It doesn't pop...  It just keeps growing like a disease.  Giving people a reason to eat pie, to binge watch Star Wars, to make bad mole puns (Oh is that just Max's class? Oh well) and practice some unhealthy habits.  It also gives people a reason to learn a new number, meet people who love the same movies and still make bad mole puns (Sorry, you guys are all alone there), examples of potentially benificial things (I'm still divided on mole puns).  So are these good?  Or bad?  Neither.  They are USELESS.  You can do any of these things on a normal day.  So why don't you?  These days are excuses.  You can stab salads twenty-some times any day.  It brings a sense of importance to the mundane.  And tomorrow, I'll be explaining why normal holidays fit into this category, and ways it actually helps.



Have Fun, and Enjoy a Monster:

              ____w____
  _____(                    )_____
O                                         O
|             (o )          (o )          |
| _____________________ |
| /\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\ |
|                                            |

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's where all the rants went! Nice structure and tone. You make use of font sizes and other things really creatively. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really cool! I have also wondered why holidays such as Pi day exist. i liked how you used different font sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really cool! I have also wondered why holidays such as Pi day exist. i liked how you used different font sizes!

    ReplyDelete